From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:02:44 -0400
Extended warranties are a heavy profit making scam.  If you purchase your stuff on one of the silver, gold, or platinum Visa/mastercards, most of them already double the warranty.  I suspect that most people will have already replaced their monitors, CRT or LCD, before they start failing. Those extended warranties are also limited, and depend upon whether some fly-by-night company underwriting them does not go under before you use it. Sales people get nice commissions dumping these worthless, expensive bogus warranties on unsuspecting customers.  Do not buy from the person and/or store that tries to push one on you.

>a salesperson at a large electronic's store tried to convince me to purchase
>the extended warranty by claiming that LCD panels (I was looking at a
>samsung 760V) could be damaged by weather, humidity and barometric pressure
>(while indoors, i presume since i don't have any plans of using it outside).
>i have never heard anything like this in 12 years of working with computers.
>when the salesperson went to check on something i asked the computer
>technician if he'd ever heard of this and he said no. was i being duped?
>
>how does one clean an LCD screen?
>
>should  i expect the text to be inconsistent? looking at my name below, it
>looked like the the F i slightly bolder than the rest.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml