Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 12:39:53 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, March 27, 1999 12:25 PM

>Remember that Win95 cannot deal with more than 64mgs of ram well.
>WindowsNT or WIndows98 does not have this limitation, recognizing and
>using large amounts of RAM memory successfully.
>
>               Bob Wright

Question!---I'm using Win95B (OSR2).  Have 128 mb memory.  BIOS reports full
complement, but when I looked at Windows System Properties, it reported only
64 mb.  After much inquery and assistance, I found I was loading an old DOS
6.2 HIMEM.SYS in my config file.  Located the Win 95 version, and replaced
the DOS version. Now WinSysPro dialog shows full 128mb and my Corel PhPnt8
and other graphics programs are performing much more smartly.  My PPro 200
has integrated L2 cache of 512K and understand it can comfortably cache upto
4 gigs of memory.
  Am I still not getting full use of 128mbs unless I go to Win98??
Bob Decker

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]