From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:02:20 -0800
What does the BIOS indicate? Is it set to activate USB?

The keyboard should be recognized/usable during the boot process and the
mouse may only be recognized/usable as the OS loads.

I have never encountered a keyboard that works during the boot process
and stops working upon loading the OS. You might try starting in safe
mode and check MSCONFIG to see if a conflicting keyboard device is being
loaded.

While there, check for the correct mouse driver (if any) being loaded.

You might also try replacing the motherboard battery. If it is bad, the
BIOS could be defaulting to a setup that does not include activating USB.

I hope this helps or at least leads to a solution.

Tom

On 12/21/2009 10:40 PM, Romario chipo wrote:
> A colleague of mine asked me to assemble his PC he had dismantled for easier
> transportation. The PC booted normally but strange enough the the USB
> keyboard and mouse could not be recognised. However the Ps2 keyboard and
> mouse are recognised. Strangely the USB keyboard is recognised at boot -up.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>