From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 06:35:21 -0400
Hi,

I recently had a customer bring in a computer with a 4Gig hard drive
that had died. The smallest drive I had on hand was 40GB and the
computer did not recognize that large a drive.

My solution was a PCI IDE card from StarTech. This allowed me to avoid
drive overlay software and I could boot to the new hard drive without
any problems. The cost was only $44 for my customer, much less than
replacing the motherboard would have been, and she can now use this hard
drive on a new computer in the future without losing any of the data on
it. The IDE card is at: http://tinyurl.com/1c41

      Elizabeth Boston
   Moderator/Senior Editor
      The NOSPIN Group