From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 07:12:45 -0400
Please note that WD has at least three or four "grades" of IDE hard drives.
Expert, Caviar, One year "bargain drives", and plastic OEM drives that
make you laugh when you see them... (I have not looked for these cheapest
ones for several years...)   You get what you pay for. A particular name brand
model may not be of the highest available quality and that would not seem
to be in their best interest in the long run...             Rick Glazier

> Its hard to make without good stats on differet makes and models an accurate
> assessment of the most reliable drives.  It would be interesting to see a
> poll in this regard.  I have always "heard" that WD was very reliable, and
> noticed that many computer mfgs. use them.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html