From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:12:56 -0700
Michele Sayer Wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone might have any suggestions for me with my daughters
computer.I moved it from one room to another, plugged it back in and it was
fine for a while until the C drive stopped responding, and then seemed to
die.
I changed the power supply cables around, and it started up again. It was
fine again for a few weeks, until I moved it again, and the same thing has
happened once more, no C drive.

I would suspect that it is the power connection on the drive itself. This
sounds like a contact has broken away from the drive board causing
intermittent power loss.

One way to check would be to have the case panel off and with the power on,
gently move the drive power connector up and down. When I say gently move I
mean slightly, a millimeter at a time. Listen to see if the drive spins up.
If you can make it start and stop, you're drive is dead. If the drive spins
up, I would suspect errors elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers