From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:36:37 +1000
I build computers with PC100 mobo. The mobo suppose to auto-detect cpu
speed and set it up, if it doesn't, there is an option in bios setup
which allow you to adjust cpu setting. Just make sure your cpu is set to
66x5.

With my experence, the PC100 mobos do not always set cpu speed correct
(i don't have the reason why it does so).

Hope this helps.

J Qian

Harvey Morris wrote:

> I have a Pc-100 bx pro pII mb. MB suppose to be jumperless.
>
> Question is , when I go into bios the cpu shows celron 233;
>
> on startup screens reads celron 333 mhz.  How can I be sure
>
> that I bought a celron 333 mhz cpu, besides the package that
>
> it came in. I'm not certain on how to read the markings on
>
> the chip. thanx     P.S. System runs like a champ
>                          * * HARVEY MORRIS**
>                         Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html