From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:17:50 -0500
First question would be: Is the CD-ROM drive connected to a sound card as
the Secondary IDE controller or is it on the primary mobo controller with
the hard drive.

If it is connected to the sound card, you will need the drivers to enable
the controller on the sound card. These would come from the manufacturer of
the sound card. Also if connected to the sound card, it may not be ATAPI
compliant and need proprietary drivers depending on how old it really is.

Secondly, if you connected the drive to the same controller as the hard
drive, is the hard drive set up as a master and the CD-ROM as a slave.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly