From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:05:32 -0800
Thank you to Bill Cohane and Brad Loomis who both pointed me to the Crucial
website to find the proper module. As Bill already found, as I did, Crucial
does not have any. However, in digging through more SIMMs in my collection,
I finally found a pair of parity SIMMs that did work. I still don't see what
is different about that particular pair, since another set of modules also
had parity but did not work. HP says that parity is NOT required. My upgrade
is working, but it is still a mystery as to why some modules work and others
don't. All of the modules work fine in a PC (an old PC ;) ).

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml