From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:52:42 +0900
On Thu, 05 Mar 1998 10:07:16 -0500, Don LeCLaire <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear Builders,
>
>    I have a 75mhz Pentium system, currently with 40MB of RAM
> (two 4MB SIMMs and to 16 MB SIMMs). I'd like to ditch the
> 4MB SIMMs and add two 32MB SIMMs, however I've been told that
> Windows 95 will only recognize up to 64MB and not use anything
> over that.

This is not a Windows issue at all.  Windows will be happy to use more
than 64 megs.  But unless you have a specific chipset,  you will be
unable to cache more than 64 megs, thereby actually slowing down
your system if you exceed that amount.

Unfortunately, the HX chipsets, which allow for caching in excess of
64 megs, have been discontinued, and apparently none can now
be gotten.

I'd love to have someone prove me wrong on this last point.  ;-)

Lance