From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:42:01 +1000
I don't know it will work for you or not, but here is a saft backup plan.

1) If you can borrow a good IDE CD-ROM, then connect it to the computer,
2) Your win95 boot disk should see the IDE drive now
3) Install win95, when it's finished, you should see two CD-ROM in device
manager, shut down computer, take out the new one.

The reason to do so is I have been dealing with some strange old CD-ROMs, they
use IDE interface but none of my boot disks can see them, however, win95/98 will
detect them and install right driver after you load win95/98.

God will help you.

J Qian

Edward Dever wrote:

> A friend brought this to me to look at, as he wanted  to use this at his
> small (35 member) church for word processing, etc. When I booted up the
> computer up-it asked for a system disk. I inserted a win 95 OEM disk and got
> it to the A: prompt.
> I then used fdisk to find out how it was partioned and it was one partition
> for fat 16.
>
> I would like to load the Win 95 OEM cd-rom that I have in that system.
> Problem is I cant tell what type of cd-rom it has and cant find any specific
> info on the compaq web site for this, or any of the drivers for that matter.
> I also have no clue as how to access the Bios. I know that there is a generic
>  cd-rom driver on the nospin web site, but like I said its been so long since
> Ive done any of this, its like greek to me.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org