From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:59:10 -0400
David,

I had this happen to my mother-in-law's computer some months back.
The problem started out like your's. It deteriated to the point where
you could power it on, but it just wouldn't boot--Tried everything, it just
woudn'tboot.
It also was crashing alot, if I could get it to boot. I first thought it was
the CPU, so I took it to a local repair shop and they checked it out for
me at no extra cost--it worked normally.

I finally narrowed down the problem to it being a bad motherboard.  Luckily,
the board (An Abit) was still in warranty, so I went online and got an RMA
and sent the board off; they sent back a referbished board.  No more
problems
after that.

Hope this helps :).

Patrick Black