From:
David Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:34:55 +0000
I just had the same problem with my factory built Dell when plugging in a new memory stick it didn't work.  Camera did work
San disk rep says front ports are often not powerful enough to drive memory sticks.  It works in back.  Second hand info and sounds a little suspect but..............

--
David

> My motherboard has a similar setup, and the only problem was getting the
> tiny little wires onto the tiny little pins.
> Some devices make this easier with a gang plug, but mine had a zillion
> separate wires, and was truly a pain in the ass.
> So-what's the motherboard? Were you very, very precise if the setup is
> like mine?
>

> Ryan Calderwood wrote:
>
> > Hey, everyone. The rig that I'm running right now I put together
> > myself. The mobo that I bought for it has four USB ports in the back of
> > the case, and they work fine. It also came with a neat little thing
> > that you can screw into one of the expansion slots that has two more
> > USB 2.0 ports in it, and those work as well. My problem is the ports on
> > the front (actually, the top) of my case. I've tried them in both the
> > places that you can plug them into on the mobo, and they still dont
> > want to work. I dont think it's the drivers, because wouldnt that mean
> > that the USB ports in my expansion slot wouldnt work either? I dont
> > know if i have a hardware problem, or if my motherboard just doesnt
> > recognize those two ports, or whats going on. Any input would be
> > appreciated.
> >

> PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
> visit our download web page at:
> http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>