From:
"John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:17:53 -0800
> What precautions should I take  before moving this drive to the new computer. I will be putting the old drive onto an Asus P5a motherboard with a 300 k6-2 processor and 64mb of ram.

I didn't know that your P90 would accept anything other than a
proprietary Packard Bell motherboard.  At least that's what
Packard Bell told me, when I wanted to replace my P75
motherboard. They said a standard motherboard wouldn't fit in
my case.

The hard drive seems to be the easiest to handle, if you have
a tape backup unit. I replaced my original drive with a 4.0GB
Maxtor drive. I backed everything up. Swapped drives and then
ran the tape backup. I think I had only one minor problem. I
had to partition the drive and I didn't do something right at
that time.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html