From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:16:13 -0500
At 22:01 01/11/01, Volkard Linke wrote:
>This is getting pretty confusing. I too have Zone Alarm running
>on my "main computer". I have one other computer connected to it
>via Diamond Home Phone Network. I am running version 2.1.44 of
>Zone Alarm and Wingate 3.0 (with Gate Keeper 3.0.0). I am having
>no problems with "remote" machine connecting to the Internet...

If I recall correctly, Wingate is a proxy program and should
work with ZoneAlarm. Some of the other systems discussed used
NAT programs to allow Internet sharing over a LAN. ZoneAlarm
has much more trouble with NAT.

We have to be careful to differentiate between Proxy and NAT
solutions for Internet sharing. (Win98SE and Win2K have built
in NAT. I suspect that it cannot be turned off and then back
on without rebooting...which is a solution for allowing
ZoneAlarm to work with NAT.)

Regards,
Bill

                     visit our download web page at: