From:
Mel Emurian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:40:42 -0400
Hi Bob,
I will answer your questions in caps below. One thing I didn't make clear.
Other than the PCI display adapter issue, the card is working fine. I just
want to stop the "new hardware found" box from appearing every time I boot.
Thanks much for your response.

Mel

> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I hope someone can help me with this. I recently installed an ATI Radeon
9000 Pro video
> >adapter in my computer. Since then, I get a "new hardware found - PCI
display adapter"
> >box every time I boot. The card is AGP.
> >
> >Here is what I have tried:
> >1) I removed the Diamond Monster Voodoo2 card from the system. It had
occupied a PCI slot.
> >1) I removed the 9000 Pro and reinstalled it.
> >2) I have tried to install the driver called for in the box, but when
doing this the
> >computer hangs.
> >3) I booted into safe mode, checked device manager, and removed all
display adapter
> >entries except for the Radeon's.
> >4) I went into the BIOS and chose "no" for plug and play system
installed.
> >5) I renamed the appropriate windows inf file for the driver named in the
dialog box.

> >There is no onboard video and no other video card is installed in the
system.

> >How can I get the "new hardware found" box to stop coming up each time I
boot?

Did you change the entry in your CMOS settings of the Bios for your video
adaptor first choice from PCI to AGP?  YES
Did you download the latest drivers for the card, expand them out into a
directory then install the card directing
Windows to look for the driver in that directory. YES
You do have an issue with a 4X AGP card in a 2X AGP board...   and ABIT
boards tend to be more touchy
about such issues. Do you have this motherboard overclocked?  If so, I
would turn it down to CPU speed intended by Intel. NO, I HAVE IT RUNNING AT
1 GIG.
Also, I assume you have the latest Bios updates, but have you checked your
CPU against the warning
on the ABIT site: This board does not support Tualatin core P!!!/Celeron
processors??? THE BIOS IS THE LATEST, AND THE CPU IS NOT A TUALATIN CORE.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml