From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 17:41:30 -0700
Are you positive it has power ? The power supply is good and you have a
good connection ? Put a meter on the power leads and see if you have the
correct voltages.If your sure you have power start swapping out components
and / or testing your existing ones in other boards until you find the one
part  that is causing the problem. Switch the Ram.....then the video
card...then the CPU. ....if nothing will work but these components will
work in other boards then  the board or the CPU is most probably bad.
I will tell you from personal experience this is exactly how a bad CPU will
behave...you will get nothing ...not even a beep..however this is extremely
rare.
On average board manufacturers experience a 3 percent failure rate and CPUs
experience a fraction of 1 per cent failure rate.....in fact I have
personally only seen one truly bad CPU.

mark