From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:17:13 -0700
Hi Al,

Not having any details of the specs for the case, it is impossible for me
to advise what motherboards may fit. Most cases and motherboards are fairly
universal. You could take some dimensions of the mounting holes in your
case, then go to the manufacturers website for a motherboard and see if you
can find a diagram of the mounting holes. Most websites (Asus included)
allow you to download the user and installation manauls for any of their
products. I have put together dozens of computers and never had a problem
with mounting holes.

Just make sure it supports your processor and memory. You also may want to
make sure the power supply is adequate. A new case isn't all that expensive
as another alternative (you can find some for under $40), just transfer
over all your drives and stuff. Make sure you have standoffs for the MB
mounting only where there are holes for them, so they don't short out.

Russ Poffenberger

At 05:48 AM 4/17/2005, you wrote:
>I have a Cicero computer { out of BC } with a Seanix MB, P4, 2.8Gh,1Gb
>RAM and Iīve had nothing but grief with it. 15 months old and MB replaced!!
>I want to install new MB, but thatīs new to me. I understand ASUS is one
>of the best, but I have to match the mounting holes. Is there another MB
>that is almost as good, and do they come with the BIOS already
>programmed? I donīt have to buy a new cabinet, I have dvd r/w, CD r/w,
>floppy, ram etc, I just want a MB that will  operate properly ! Any
>suggestions
>will be appreciated.   Many thanks to all.    AL SMITH

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml