From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:30:42 -0500
Original post:-

<<<< Hello,
  I tried to reformat my hard drive using the instructions  I found  here. I
made a boot disc, followed the instructions to the letter. Now  all I get is an
a: or a c: prompt. What do I do now??
  Paul Morris>>>.

Hi,

this is quite normal and means the boot disk is asking you for further commands. but i am not clear how you are getting both a: & c:.
the C: prompt will come only if you type C: at the a: prompt.

anyway it appears you have patitioned the drive and so all that needs to be done is install the operating system you wish to have.

so insert the operating system cd in your cdrom drive and follow the instructions on your screen.

hope this is clear if not post back.

good luck---Venkat

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads