From:
Stefan Schull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 00:12:13 -0400
(...horrible flashbacks of this mobo instantly come to mind...)

The first thing I did when I powered up this board was to figure out how
I could get rid of it ;-)  I'm glad to hear that your first two systems
worked out alright.  Mine had numerous problems -- including not being
compatible with the "reference" IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard...

Where does the machine hang at POST?  Does it give any errors or
indication on what is wrong? how long did you wait?

I encountered a very similar problem with a Biostar M7MKA (Slot A) mobo.
 Same thing you described here -- I finally exhanged it for another
board and was up and running.  This happened to a couple other people
with the Biostar boards on usenet.

My only suggestions are to remove everything that is not necessary.
 Leave only video, RAM, and power supply of course...  Try different
brands of each (PCI/AGP video, different 300+ watt power supplies and
different brands of RAM.)  Swap out the processor if you can.  (I ran a
700 Athlon fine with this board, however.)  If all of this comes to no
avail, I would recommend that you exchange the board.

I'd be interested to hear a resolution to this problem...

Stefan Schull

Harold Lawson wrote:

>   This is the third computer I have put together with the sd11 motherboard and the 750
>Athlon slot A processors. The first two were no problems and have been running good and stable. When I turned the third one on I get the info on the video card and the AMIBIOS
>screen and the hit delete to enter set up but get no response from the keyboard. I have tried three keyboards but can't get any response from any of them. I have tried everything I can think of but the only conclusion I can come to is a bad motherboard. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the info.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>