Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:05:32 +0000
My specs:

***CPU: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 3000+
***MB: Asus A7V600-X VIA KT600 RET
***PSU: Raidmax KY-520ATX ATX12V 420W

2.10GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
SONY DVD RW DRU-800A
case Raidmax ATX-868wsp
GeForce FX5200 128M ddr
HD: 160GB Maxtor 6Y160P0 72R 8MB%

I recently bought and installed the Zalman cnps7000-alcu heatsink, and when
turn on the comp, a loud beeping sound comes on and the monitor doesn't
power on.

I noticed On the instruction manual that it says:
"When booting the comp, it may automatically power down after an alarm sound
by a
system monitoring program to indicate that the CPU fan is rotating slowly.
if this
happens, turn the speed control knob fully clockwise to increase the fan
speed. then
set 'CPU Fan Detected' to 'Disabled' in the BIOS settings, or set the
slowest
rotational speed of the CPU fan in the system monitoring program to less
than or
equal to 1,300rpm.
Note) Some motherboards do not boot if the rotational speed of the CPU fan
is below
a certain rpm. If the BIOS settings are updated, Silent Mode can be used."

Are my voltages too high for the heatsink? If so, what extremely quiet
heatsink
do you recommend that is compatible with my computer? If no, what can
possibly be
causing this sound and monitor problem?

SY Song

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: