From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:28:14 -0400
The little cheap Epsons are not meant to be used in high output situations. I would suggest you get an HP small laserjet for most of your printing needs, and use the Epson only to print color stuff, in particular, photos, which is what most of them are actually for.  At your current rate of usage you will kill the C40 in short order, and you'll pay a lot for ink while doing it.

>I received my Epson C40UX as part of my Dell Dimension 4400 order. I
>previously used the HP 820cse and HP 560c. The problem is that the
>cartridge for this printer holds hardly any ink. In the 4 months that my
>printer has been in operation, I have used 9 black cartridges and 3
>color. I print between 200-500 pages monthly, letters, stuff off the
>web, no photographs.
>
>I'm wondering if I should consider a laser printer. I would hate to give
>up the color. I am also considering an all-in-one unit. Does anyone on
>the list have any experience with such items?
>
>I have looked at CNET and PC World. But I find the information to be too
>brief.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml