From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:13:35 -0500
Harvey,

I've had excellent luck with the Elite Group (ECS) K7SOM+ series of
motherboards. I've built 3 or 4 with this board, and two of them came with
the Duron 1.2 GHz Processor which was, unfortunately, integrated into the
board. I have had no problems whatsoever as of yet, and the first is the one
I'm using now. This board gives you a wide range of memory that can be used,
and all the onboard drivers are extremely easy to load upon installation of
the OS. (XP SP2, and no problems)

I have upgraded to the NEC multi format DVD RW drive, and it works well,
although video editing can become a bit slow most likely because I am only
running 512 mb of RAM (PC2100). Master HD is a Seagate 30 gig, slave is a
Western Digital 20 gig.

Just my humble opinion, hope it helps.

Regards,

Dean Kiley