Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 19:33:58 +1000
We've got emails from supplier that says if they don't detect original
heatsink&thermal pad been used, no warranty on the CPU at all, and this
appeared to be a message from AMD itself.  However, AMD does require to
replace the thermal pad if the heatsink is ever removed (and to be put back
later), therefore, you can still replace it, at least by another thermal pad
(better quality).  Becasue AMD also requires to clean both CPU and heatsink
before re-apply new thermal protection, I don't see how can they do the
detect work.

Jun Qian

PS: We recieved "training video" from AMD for this issue, so I'm pretty sure
on warranty issue (in Australia).