From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:07:29 -0600
Paul,
You didn't mention the model of DeskPro.  Quite often on DeskPros, Compaq
would store the BIOS information in a small, non-DOS partition on the hard
drive.  If you change the drive, you also remove your way to get into the
BIOS.  Check the HP Compaq website for your model for more information.
Ron Jobe