From:
Stan Zaske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:23:10 -0500
Those are best case figures and have little bearing in the real world except
with heavily loaded file servers. If you read a lot of hardrive reviews you
will soon see that the latest EIDE hardrives are frequently faster than the
latest SCSI disks. The product cycles are much shorter for EIDE because they
sell way more of them and the newest high tech gets implemented more often.
I believe data density on EIDE is over 6 gigs per platter now among other
things that we can thank IBM for developing. SCSI is behind the curve in
several ways despite the latest ultra 2 advances.

§täñ Zä§kë
Wïñ98 & ÐX7
ßëtä Të§të(r)