From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:01:38 -0400
I had the same problem and examined all the possibilities including an
on-site check by the cable company. Once I exchanged the modem the problem
stopped and I've had a steady connection for several weeks now.
********
I frequently lose my broadband connection, my server says its my computer,
and
dell says its a problem with my server. I connect with a cable modem. I will
be
viewing pages and it will say page cannot be displayed, and my e-mail will
also not work. I must go into local area connection status and click on
repair to
get connected again. this works for awhile then I lose my connection again.
all cables are secure, and my server can ping my computer. my os is windows
xp home edition.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml