From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:31:33 -0700
On 13 Aug 2006 at 16:14, Barbara wrote:

> I have my laptop and desktop on a wireless network. These are the only 2
> computers on the network. But when I go to map a network drive neither
> one is there. Any ideas? Maybe it's the firewall?

  There are at least two basic possiblities:

1.  There are several things that need to all be configured correctly for
sharing to work on a wired network.  Can you test to see if this works?

2.  Some wireless network "base stations" (access points and routers) offer
an option to limit the ability of wireless clients to see each other.  (If
you were running something like a public hotspot, you'd want that to protect
your clients from each other....)  Yours might have such a feature, which
you might need to turn off.

  So with the information you've provided so far, we can't tell whether it's
an OS configuration issue (what OS(es)?) or a wireless configuration issue
(what equipment?).

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml