From:
Michael Wurster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:25:30 -0700
Hugh,
I'm sorry, but I have NO experience with portable devices. I have purposely
kept PDAs, cell phones, etc out of my life. Just a quirk of mine. I'm sure
someone else on this list can answer the second part of your question.

As to the included mic, they get the job done, but your accuracy goes up
with the better quality mics. My research showed a 2-3 percent increase
from worst to best. This is a BIG increase in real world accuracy. You
don't appreciate it until YOU have to go back and correct the mistakes.
(Spell check can't do it because it's not a mis-spelling but rather the
wrong word or phrase) I'd like to say just compare the two back to back,
but it's not that simple....the quality of the mic affects the "training"
as well as the dictation. As to 5 minutes of training to work
accurately.....do they say how accurate? Anything less than 95-97% accuracy
is cumbersome. I'm pretty sure even the latest and greatest won't even be
close after only 5 minutes. I'd be curious to know what IS possible after
only five minutes. Could you let me know?

Michael