From:
dustydog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:11:06 -0500
 Hello

 We have a customer who has a Davicom 336P V/F/D   modem. I think there  might
be a compatibility problem with his modem  and our equipment. We are running a
USR Netserver
 (v34)  and Accend  Max Modems(v90)  in which are located in two different
pops  He
  unfortunately lives were the USR modems are. He can connect to the  Max
(connection is
  very slow) and its a long distance call  for   him.  When he  tried his
local number (USR modem) the modems   wouldn't  connect. His modem  made  a
very strange static sound (no modem tones ) and  never got though to  us.  I
think the modem is bad. I even tried it from  here at the office  and the same
thing. I was hoping that someone may of experienced this  before and had a
solution other than throwing it off the bridge.. Got  any ideals  (Ran
hyperterm  and no luck..ran the basic modem diag   in Modems under control
panel at 15,16,17 had errors )
         Pam Wicks

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html