From:
Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:37:28 +1200
If your PC has W95, and it's a proprietary setup like a Hewlett Packard, you
could have a problem.  I've just run across the same thing with an HP 8215
running W95b.
Normally, you can load W95 with msconfig, which comes with, and runs in W98.
This prog enables you to have complete control over what stuff is starting
up unasked (and with a proprietary system, you can bet it's heaps!)
However, I found that I couldn't get msconfig to run on this HP 8215.
But all was not lost.  I happened to have 'StartEd' in my collection, and
this worked like a charm, but if you have a look around there are many progs
available which will do the same thing.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Vicki Funk" Subject: [PCBUILD] Low Resources

> I have a very slow startup speed, and I understand that part of my problem
is
> that I have too many things on my start-up menu. My PC is a five year old
HP

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml