From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:12:07 -0500
I think you have just discovered one of the biggest drawbacks of Windows
ME.  Much of the older hardware (especially scanners) will not work on ME
with Win98 drivers.  The word that I've gotten from several of the scanner
makers is that they don't plan to spend programming time developing drivers
for their older equipment.  You may luck out and find a driver for the
Mustek 1200 III EP, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  I didn't see one at the
Mustek site:

http://www.mustek.com/Imaging/index.htm

so I doubt there is one.  Sorry, and good luck.

Doug

At 1/31/01 01:21 AM, Jean & Forbes Colgate wrote:

>        I have recently been upgraded to a Microsoft Millenium Edition ME and
>since then have been attempting to install a Mustek1200IIIEP using a
>scanner Installation CD.
><snip>
>However, on attempting to prescan a picture, having chosen colour  I get
>seamy black and most of the corrections and enhancements do not
>respond.  I have uninstalled a few times and on installing again I get the
>same result.  I have not been able to get as picture in usable form.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com