From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:48:57 -0700
Perhaps it was not clear from my post, but I did swap the entire
keyboard/mouse/receiver package with my wife. Still the problem stayed with
her computer. I did not try putting an extender cord on the USB receiver and
place it in another location. That may be an experiment to try. For now I
have attached a wired USB keyboard and it seems to be working. Since the
problem is intermittent, we still have to wait and see. If indeed it is only
the wireless that is affected, then my theory is that the new electric meter
that was installed recently (about the time the problem started) may be to
blame. I don't know what rf signals these new meters may use. Anyone have
experience with them interfering with other equipment? My wife's computer is
closer to the electrical lines in the wall than is mine.

Peter Shkabara