From:
David A Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:57:09 EDT
Hi yet again gang,

I have heard of the necessity of burning in a new system......And I have
heard this is bogus........  When firing up a computer for the very first
time, no OS, no nutin, just the components installed, is it or is it not
necessary, and how do you do it?  It's just a stress test, so to speak,
right???

Thanks for all the wonderful printer sharing advice.  I believe I will
recommend the route with the hub and CAT 5 as it would be easier for
future expansions, if any are ever necessary.  It costs about the same as
other suggestions, other than the a/b switch, if done carefully.  With
the very long run of 60 ft, I believe this will end up working fine.
(personally I would never dream of having my printer that far away, I'm
too paranoid. )

thanks for everything.....trully, thanks
David A. Abbe

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]