From:
"Michael A. Wosnick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 10:26:48 -0500
That is precisely what I have already done, and I can still only ping in
certain combinations but mostly pinging doesn't work. Yet TCP/IP is clearly
working on the same machines for my dialup adapter (on all three machines,
56k fax modems work fine) and for my cable modem (on machine 1 the internet
is quite available). So, while I can't say that TCP/IP is for sure working
on my Phone link adapters, the same TCP/IP protocol is installed and working
just fine in all 3 machines in other (parallel) adapters. I have tried to
remove all instances of TCP/IP and re-install, but the same results ensue.
Right now my computers are indeed addresses as 192.168.0.1 through .3. That
is why I am so baffles. Again, to re-iterate, my network works fine as in
file sharing and seeing each machine in Network Neighborhood. Mind you, I
haven't tried to remove all NetBUEI instances and see if the network still
runs on TCP/IP. I guess I should try that next, since that is really the
critical question.

Michael