From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:51:41 -0700
>Under XP, I just dragged the icon to the desktop and I think chose
>"Create Shortcut
>Here".

You will find the SERVICES shortcut in the same place, but first
click on your Taskbar... Properties.... Go to Programs.... Start Menu
Tab.... Customize.... now  put  a mark under Control Panel = Display
as a menu. Click OK and work your way back.

Now when you go to Start >>> Control Panel it will appear as a menu,
so go to Administrative tools, and you will find Services, just copy
the shortcut to your desktop. You may have to run it as THE
Administrator... you left click, and select Run as Administrator.

NOTE: Be aware, that unlike XP, in Vista and Windows 7 there is a big
difference between a user with Administrative Privileges and THE
Administrator. In fact THE Administrative isn't actually enabled by
default. To enable THE administrator go to Programs... Accessories...
click on command window Run as Administrator ..now issue this command

administrator /active:yes

press enter and you will see a confirmation. Now go into Users and
you will see THE Administrator.. give it a password.  A  password
isn't required but I would give it one. When you boot up you will now
have THE Administrator available to log in.

Being the Administrator will make configuring windows a  lot easier
BUT it is a huge security risk to run as the administrator.

>   Are these effects available in Win 7?  If so, how?

yes, look under control panel >>> Ease of Access center as well as
Mouse. Once you enable your Control Panel Menu things should look
normal to you.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>