From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:49:49 -0800
Usually I've found that any drive light always being on is a reversed data
cable connection, but you have already checked that. Does the BIOS correctly
show the drive? This will indicate if the problem is related to the
operating system or to hardware (drive,cable,motherboard or BIOS). If the
problem seems to be hardware related, I would first change out the data
cable in case it is defective and then I would change out the drive in case
it is defective. It is unlikely the BIOS and/or motherboard is/are defective
only as related to the floppy drive

If problem is in the OS, you can use Tweak UI (free) from Microsoft under my
computer/drives to see if the A drive is active and recognized (no question
mark). If the problem seems to be in the OS you can try restoring the
settings to a time before the trouble began. Beyond that, other members may
have suggestions short of reinstalling the OS.

I hope this helps you.

Tom Mayer