From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:28:58 -0300
I have seen this problem in two different machines.  One, I removed the
video card and cleaned the conection to the motherboard with spray air and
cleaned the card edge with a simple pencil eraser, rubbing lightly.  Fixed!
The other one, the video was integrated into a PC-Chips board. All the fonts
would change to thin lines whenever the curser would come near and the
colors would change.  Reinstalation of the OS and new drivers (video and
mouse) did not help.  The problem would also occure in Safe Mode.  I
disabled the onboard video and tested the system with a known good PCI one,
it ran ok.  The video onboard was failing...  but I did notice that if I
opened a DOS box in Windows 98 and then exited, the video was instantly
restored to normal! Well, anyway the client will get some more work out of
this machine with the PCI Trident card untill they decide to replace it.
Howard Rubin in Fortaleza Brazil

RE:
Date:    Sun, 14 Jul 2002 06:23:38 -0500
From:    Paul David Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Start Menu Becomes Distorted

Hello,

I have an unusual situation that i developed recently but not sure exactly
when. After  some time my start menu tab and the windows 98 logo that runs
up on the side of the start menu becomes distorted and turns the color of
what ever web page or program i have open. The only way to clear it is by
reboot. This started a month or so ago and i have changed no hardware only
software. I even did a clean reinstall of win98se for other reasons and it
still does it. Any suggestions as to how to correct this little nag?? I'm on
win 98se and my graphics card is a Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Modle 64 w/32Mg RAM any
ideas??

Thanks in advance

Paul Shea

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: