From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:07:48 -0800
Hi Peter,
I had to scratch my head where I read this then it struck me that it was at
Steve Gibson's site in the FAQ for Spin Rite. http://grc.com/srQ&A.htm  A
short way down the page he talks about S.M.A.R.T. and doesn't seem, to think
it is. Not a solution for your issue, but a possible clue.

Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA