From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:37:52 -0700
First and foremost, both PCs have to be connected to
the internet. Probably what you need to do first is
this: Check your IP and default gateway. If the
Dynalink is anything like the DSL routers that I
assist with everyday, it probably starts with
192.168., and also it needs a username and password.
On either PC once the ethernet cable is connected,
click on start, then run, type in cmd (for WinXP) or
command (for Win98), click OK, this will open a DOS
window, where you will type ipconfig, hit the enter
key. Look for autoconfiguration IP address, and the
default gateway. Remember or write down the gateway
address. Then, close out the DOS window by typing the
word exit, and hit enter. Next, open a browser, and
you will most likely see: Page cannot be displayed.
Clear out your address bar, and key in your default
gateway, hit enter. This should open the router's
configuration software, where you will be able to
enter the username and password.

At this point I am not sure where to go in the
software to enter that info. Usually though, the
username must be entered as "[log in to unmask]"

http://mail.yahoo.com