From:
Daniel Magoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 10:31:40 -0400
Hi
     The best solution is to allow Red Hat to install LILO on the MBR. It
will at bootup give you the choice of booting Linux or windows. Install
Windows first. Then use a utility, such as partition magic, to free up some
space on your HDD to install Red Hat on.
   Install Linux by booting from the cd. When the screen comes up press
enter. The important parts are to remember where Linux root partition is
installed, HDA1, HDA2 ETC. Also record the windows partition which should be
Hda1. Install linux enabling lilo to write to the mbr on hda.
   After the install boot again from the linux disk, except type linux
rescue at the prompt. Then type the following lines;
  mount /dev/hda2(or wherever root is) /test(or anyword you choose.(enter)
  chroot /test (enter)
   ls (enter) you should now see a number of directories one of which is
/etc.  next type
   cd /etc(enter)
   pico lilo.conf (this will bring up the file lilo.conf)
       Edit lilo.conf by changing the linear entry to lba32
Next see if their is an entry for windows it should look like the following
    other=windows
          image=/dev/hda1
If this entry isn't there create it at the bottom of the file. If you want
windows to load by default go the default line in lilo.conf and change
default=linux to default=windows(or whatever you wish to call windows) Make
sure that the default line and the other line are the same word and case.
     When finished type "crtlx" then "y"(without caps) When the command
prompt returns type  lilo  You should see two lines saying "added" windows.
    Then reboot and lilo screen will appear, then choose which OS to load
using the arrow keys

Good Luck

Daniel