From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:22:24 -0800
Looks like you are already off to a good start cleaning up. I agree with the others that your slowing down has to do with the software and XP rather than your hardware. Your CPU speed is fine, you could consider adding another 1GB or RAM. RAM helps a lot, and it does not cost that much anymore (I remember paying $1000 for 32MB or RAM).

It has been my experience that the registry is where corruption occurs and causes unstable and slow operation. The only really good way to clean it up is to do a fresh install of Windows. I do so reluctantly because of the trouble with installing and configuring all the applications. Sometimes, however, a fresh install of Windows is the only way I found to fix some erratic behavior.