From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:51:46 -0500
Mick,

If you already have a parallel port printer, you want a Print Server device.
This device connects to the network (your hub) via an RJ45 port and has it's
own IP address.  It will have a DB25 port which connects to the printer via
a parallel cable or directly with a centronics connector.  These things run
around $100.
Some examples:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.asp?EDC=159363
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.asp?EDC=329402
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.asp?EDC=189668

There are also printers that have a built-in network adapter.

Fred Nielson