From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:58:24 -0400
John,

I have RCN cable modem service.  AFAIK they all work the same way.  Your friend
would need to set up the MAC as a proxy server, then set up a functioning LAN
between the two computers (peer-to-peer network).  I have no experience with
MAC's, but I have two Windows 98 machines and currently share the connection
with my wife's PC.

There are other options.  If your friend calls @Home, they may be able to
provide a second IP address for a small fee.  You would also need a second
cable modem for his wife's PC.  Then she could be set up as a second full
stand-alone connection.  All that would have to be done is a cable line would
have to be run to her PC and a NIC installed.