From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:05:08 -0500
Kevin,
You didn't give us much in the way of specifics.  However, some hard drives
need to have their parameters entered manually into the BIOS.  I ran across
this when I dropped an 80G into my old Asus/Athlon system.  If the BIOS sees
the hard drive, have you done an FDISK and FORMAT on the drive?  The system
may not boot from the floppy because the system BIOS isn't set for that
option.  Look in the motherboard manual on how to set the Boot Priority
options.
HTH,
Ron Jobe