From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:14:08 +0100
Hi, when you say win98 has extended support, do you mean win98SE? I am aware
there are still updates for win98SE, but as far as I am aware, none are to
be had for win98.(Unless you pay for them?).
I had loaded the win98 updates onto a cd which has come in very handy.
There was an ongoing conversation about this once before on this board,
which I was grateful for, as until the subject arose, I had no idea that the
updates would be ceasing.
I received no warning personally from Microsoft, although my win98 o/s
was/is fully registered.
Michele Sayer

Hey At,
Nothing to worry about.  These OS's will continue to work, but Microsoft
wants more of your money so they will no longer provide active support for
those systems after that date.  Win98 was scheduled for going "inactive"
Aug. 2003, but so many corporate customers are still using it as their
desktop OS, that MS relented and extend support for one more year.....
Stan..

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com