Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:50:57 -0700
  This sounds rather as if some table or resource pool in the router
is filling up, and only gets reset when you power the router off and
back on.

  Code containing such a basic flaw should never have made it through
internal testing to customer release.  IF it did, an immediate
firmware update should include the fix.

  Having a problem like this survive this far is rather
incomprehensible.  I think you are right to return the unit and try a
different brand.

David Gillett

On 1 Oct 2001, at 17:09, Robert Zeoli wrote:

> Hi I want to be able to network about 4 pcs, share a dial up
> internet access, with potential to upgrade the internet to cable
> in the future.  I purchased a Barricade Router (SMC7004ABR) from
> SMC which I thought would be able to do all of this. I set it up
> and it worked.  I was able to share files between computers and
> surf the net on both of the computers I started with.  Then after
> about 4 hours I could not longer access the router from either
> machine.  Turn it off and next day it again worked for about 4
> hours then performance degrades until I can longer surf or even
> ping the router from either pc.  Well maybe I set it up wrong, so
> after several setups same thing.  Then I contact SMC and they say
> update the firm ware.  So I do.  Same problem.  Again I contact
> SMC and they reply: "We have seen this issue and are currently
> addressing it.  There will be a new firmware update available very
> soon (on our website) that will resolve this problem. "  I need to
> resolve this issue so I am returning the router.  Has any one have
> a similar need that they have solved and have a product
> recomendation which will do this? thanks

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml