From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:37:50 -0400
------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:17:43 -0400
From:    John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Upgrading Video Card

My thinking is that if a different PCI-E card (the original) will work in
this system, but not your new video card, you probably have a defective
card.  However, I'm guessing that this 7600GT is a bigger card than the
X300; so, you might want to look carefully to make sure that this new card
is fully seating itself in the PCI-E slot.  Make sure there isn't anything
on the motherboard and the video card that are bumping into each other and
keeping the card from going all the way into the slot.

It's possible that the power supply isn't up to the task of running a more
powerful video card.  It looks like the 7600GT doesn't have an onboard power
connector; so, it will draw all its power through the PCI-E slot.  In
theory, this should work fine, but it does mean that your power supply will
have to be capable of feeding this much power to the motherboard.

Still, I'm leaning towards exchanging the video card for another and seeing
if you have better luck.

John Sproule