From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:46:32 -0400
You might try using Prime95 and MemTest86 to check the stability of
processor and memory.  Use each one for a minimum of 12 hours.  If either
produces errors, you likely have a hardware problem of some sort (or at
least a hardware configuration problem).  If you pass both, you at least can
have some confidence in your processor and RAM,  and you can move on to
trying to eliminate other factors.

By the way, what programs are you typically running when you get these
reboots?  Any pattern or common denominators to what you are doing when they
occur?  About how often do they happen?

John Sproule