From:
Paul Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:24:51 -0500
Dan,

I don't think the video would be any more likely than another component.
One last off-the-wall idea:  Maybe you could record the sound and convert
to .wav or .mp3 file for us to listen to it?

Without somewhat specialized equipment, it won't be easy to identify the
bad capacitor.... Unless it was an electrolytic and had a polarity
reversal.  It would look like it was swollen, or the top would be split.

Paul Jones

At 09:40 PM 2/26/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Paul,
>
>Thanks for thinking of off the wall ideas, but it doesn't appear to be the
cause.  Do you know if there's any possibility it could be the video card?
That's the only thing I haven't disconnected besides the CPU.

>Dan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml